Has your disability denial claim been denied? Get a Social Security disability lawyer.
Many American’s pay thousands of dollars each year for disabililty coverage to protect themselves and their families if something happens that prevents them from working. Unfortunately many insurance companies do whatever they can to try and prevent paying disability claims.
While Unum has received the most press for denying disability claims in bad faith, many insurers employ bad faith claim practices. Claims have routinely been denied by the following insurance providers:
- Unum Provident (now Unum): Provident Life, Unum Life Insurance Company, Paul Revere Life Insurance Company
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (Metlife)
- Colonial Life Insurance Company
- Aetna Insurance
- AXA Insurance
- Berkshire Insurance
- CNA Insurance
- Cigna Insurance
- Equitable Insurance
- Guardian Insurance
- Hartford Insurance
- Prudential Insurance
- New York Life Insurance
- John Hancock Insurance Company
ERISA Disability Claim Lawyer
Under ERISA, there is a two-step benefits claim and denied claim appeals process. You have the right to claim disability or medical benefits and to present arguments and evidence to your Plan’s administrator to prove you deserve them. If the Plan administrator denies your claim, you have the right to appeal. What you do (or don’t do) when you file your ERISA claim and appeal will typically make the difference between your getting and losing ERISA benefits.
One simply cannot overstate the importance of this two-step procedure. Unless you complete this appeal, you have no right to bring a lawsuit. Many people lose their benefits because they didn’t do everything they could have done to prove their case during the two-step ERISA administrative process. Typically the Plan’s administrator will not be a help to you, even though the administrator is supposedly your fiduciary.
Social Security Disability Claims Lawyer
If you have been permanently disabled due to an accident, injury, or medical condition you may be able to collect benefits from social security disability or supplemental security income.
Medical conditions that may entitle you to disability compensation include:
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – A condition that causes fatigue severe enough to interfere with your ability to participate in normal work, recreational, or social activities. Fatigue caused by CFS does not improve substantially with rest.
- Multiple Sclerosis – A chronic neurological disease that involves the central nervous system—specifically the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerves. MS can cause problems with muscle control and strength, vision, balance, sensation, and mental functions.
- Lupus – A chronic disease that can cause inflammation, pain, and tissue damage throughout the body. Lupus is an autoimmune disease, in which a person’s immune system attacks its own tissues as though they were foreign substances. If you develop serious lupus, you may have problems with your kidneys, heart, lungs, or blood cells.
- Degenerative Disc Disease – This encompasses an assortment of ailments to the spine, including herniated discs, spondylolisthesis, stenosis, idiopathic scoliosis, kyphosis, and other spinal diseases that occur as we grow older.
- Bi-polar Disorder – Also known as manic depression, bi-polar disorder is a serious illness that can lead to crippling mood swings, irrational behavior and suicidal tendencies.
- Cancer – a general term for more than 100 medical conditions involving uncontrolled and dangerous cell growth. Scientists suggest that some cancer is caused by genetic factors, while other forms are caused by environmental conditions.
- Osteoarthritis – type of arthritis that is caused by the breakdown and eventual loss of the cartilage of one or more joints.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – a type of arthritis that causes the body’s immune system to attack the joints.
- Congestive heart failure – potentially lethal condition in which congestion develops in the lungs that is produced by a heart attack, poorly controlled or uncontrolled hypertension, or disease processes that weaken the heart.
- Chronic heart failure – a disorder in which the heart loses its ability to pump blood efficiently throughout the body. The oxygen and nutrients in the blood provide the body with the energy it needs to operate efficiently.
- Anxiety disability – sudden bouts of intense fear or anxiety that causes frightening but not life-threatening symptoms such as a pounding heart, shortness of breath, and the feeling of losing control or dying.
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy – chronic progressive neurological condition that affects skin, muscles, joints, and bones. The syndrome usually develops in an injured limb, such as a broken leg.
- HIV – Human Immunodeficiency Virus, the virus which causes AIDS. HIV is a retro- virus that attacks the human immune system.
- AIDS – A serious (often fatal) disease of the immune system transmitted through blood products especially by sexual contact or contaminated needles.
- Hepatitis C – Affects the liver and can cause liver damage. Hepatitis C infection happens by coming into direct contact with the blood of an infected person.
- Schizophrenia – a wide range of mental disorders characterized by a disassociation of sensory input, feelings and emotions on one hand and thoughts on the other. Symptoms can include hallucinations, hearing voices, a feeling that one’s thoughts or actions are under someone else’s control, and many others.
- Crohn’s disease – inflammatory disease most prominent in the small bowel, which may involve any part of the gastrointestinal tract and other organs, and which is associated clinically with diarrhea and irritable bowel.“Help Available to Resolve Problems.”we have social security disability attorneys in: Auburn AL; Birmingham AL; Dothan AL; Gadsden AL; Huntsville AL; Mobile AL; Montgomery AL; Muscle Shoals AL; Tuscaloosa AL; Anchorage AK; Fairbanks AK; Juneau AK; Flagstaff AZ; Sedona AZ; Mohave County AZ; Phoenix AZ; Prescott AZ; Show Low AZ; Sierra Vista AZ; Tucson AZ; Yuma AZ; Fayetteville AR; Fort Smith AR; Jonesboro AR; Little Rock AR; Bakersfield CA; Chico CA; Fresno CA; Humboldt County CA; Inland Empire CA; Long Beach CA; Los Angeles CA; Mendocino (new) CA; Merced CA; Modesto CA; Monterey CA; O.C. CA; Oakland CA; Palm Springs CA; Palmdale CA; Redding CA; Sacramento CA; San Diego CA; San Fernando Valley CA; San Francisco CA; San Gabriel Valley CA; San Jose CA; San Luis Obispo CA; San Mateo CA; Santa Barbara CA; Santa Cruz CA; Santa Maria CA; Siskiyou CA; Stockton CA; Susanville CA; Ventura CA; Visalia CA; Boulder CO; CO Springs CO; Denver CO; Fort Collins CO; Pueblo CO; Rockies CO; Western Slope CO; Eastern CT CT; Hartford CT; New Haven CT; Northwest CT CT; Wilmington DE; Dover DE; Newark DE; Pike Creek DE; Bear DE; Washington D.C. District of Columbia; Daytona FL; Fort Myers FL; Ft Lauderdale FL; Gainesville FL; Jacksonville FL; Keys FL; Lakeland FL; Miami FL; Ocala FL; Orlando FL; Panama City FL; Pensacola FL; Sarasota FL; Space Coast FL; St. Augustine FL; Tallahassee FL; Tampa FL; Treasure Coast FL; West Palm Beach FL; Albany GA; Athens GA; Atlanta GA; Augusta GA; Brunswick GA; Columbus GA; Macon GA; Northwest GA GA; Savannah GA; Statesboro GA; Valdosta GA; Big Island HI; Honolulu HI; Kauai HI; Maui HI; Boise ID; East ID ID; Lewiston ID; Twin Falls ID; Bloomington IL; Carbondale IL; Chambana IL; Chicago IL; Decatur IL; La Salle County IL; Mattoon IL; Peoria IL; Rockford IL; Springfield IL; Western IL IL; Bloomington IN; Evansville IN; Ft Wayne IN; INpolis IN; Kokomo IN; Lafayette IN; Muncie IN; Richmond IN; South Bend IN; Terre Haute IN; Cedar Rapids IA; Des Moines IA; Dubuque IA; Fort Dodge IA; IA City IA; Mason City IA; Ottumwa IA; Quad Cities IA; Sioux City IA; Waterloo IA; Lawrence KS; Manhattan KS; Topeka KS; Wichita KS; Bowling Green KY; Eastern KY KY; Lexington KY; Louisville KY; Owensboro KY; Western KY KY; Baton Rouge LA; Lafayette LA; Lake Charles LA; Monroe LA; New Orleans LA; Shreveport LA; Portland ME; Lewiston ME; Bangor ME; West Scarborough ME; Annapolis MD; Baltimore MD; Cumberland Valley MD; Eastern Shore MD; Frederick MD; Western MD MD; Boston Massachusetts; Cape Cod Massachusetts; South Coast Massachusetts; Springfield Massachusetts; Worcester Massachusetts; Ann Arbor MI; Battle Creek MI; Central MI MI; Detroit MI; Flint MI; Grand Rapids MI; Holland MI; Jackson MI; Kalamazoo MI; Lansing MI; Monroe MI; Muskegon MI; Northern MI MI; Port Huron MI; Saginaw MI; Southwest MI MI; Upper Peninsula MI; Duluth MN; Mankato MN; Minneapolis MN; St Paul MN; Rochester MN; St. Cloud MN; Biloxi MS; Hattiesburg MS; Jackson MS; Meridian MS; Natchez MS; North MS MS; Columbia/Jeff City MO; Joplin MO; Kansas City MO; Kirksville MO; Lake of the Ozarks MO; Southeast MO MO; Springfield MO; St. Joseph MO; St. Louis MO; Billings MT; Missoula MT; Great Falls MT; Bozeman MT; Butte MT; Grand Island NE; Lincoln NE; North Platte NE; Omaha NE; Scottsbluff NE; Las Vegas NV; Reno NV; Manchester NH; Nashua NH; East Concord NH; Concord NH; Derry Village NH; Central Jersey NJ; Jersey Shore NJ; North Jersey NJ; South Jersey NJ; Albuquerque New Mexico; Santa Fe New Mexico; Albany NY; Binghamton NY; Buffalo NY; Catskills NY; Chautauqua NY; Elmira NY; Finger Lakes NY; Glens Falls NY; Hudson Valley NY; Ithaca NY; Long Island NY; New York City NY; Oneonta NY; Plattsburgh NY; Potsdam NY; Rochester NY; Syracuse NY; Twin Tiers NY; Utica NY; Watertown NY; Westchester NY; Asheville NC; Boone NC; Charlotte NC; Eastern NC; Fayetteville NC; Greensboro NC; Hickory NC; Outer Banks NC; Raleigh NC; Wilmington NC; Winston Salem NC; Fargo ND; Akron OH; Canton OH; Ashtabula OH; Athens OH; Chillicothe OH; Cincinnati OH; Cleveland OH; Columbus OH; Dayton OH; Huntington/Ashland OH; Lima/Findlay OH; Mansfield OH; Sandusky OH; Toledo OH; Tuscarawas County OH; Youngstown OH; Zanesville/Cambridge OH; Lawton OK; OK City OK; Stillwater OK; Tulsa OK; Bend OR; Corvallis OR; East OR OR; Eugene OR; Medford OR; OR Coast OR; Portland OR; Roseburg OR; Salem OR; Allentown PA; Altoona PA; Cumberland Valley PA; Erie PA; Harrisburg PA; Lancaster PA; Meadville PA; Philadelphia PA; Pittsburgh PA; Poconos PA; Reading PA; Scranton PA; State College PA; Williamsport PA; York PA; Providence RI; Warwick RI; Cranston RI; Pawtucket RI; East Providence RI; Woonsocket RI; Charleston SC; Columbia SC; Florence SC; Greenville SC; Hilton Head SC; Myrtle Beach SC; Sioux Falls SD; Rapid City SD; Aberdeen SD; Chattanooga TN; Knoxville TN; Memphis TN; Nashville TN; Tri-cities TN; Abilene TX; Amarillo TX; Austin TX; Beaumont TX; Brownsville TX; College Station TX; Corpus Christi TX; Dallas TX; Denton TX; El Paso TX; Fort Worth TX; Galveston TX; Houston TX; Huntsville TX; Killeen TX; Laredo TX; Lubbock TX; Mcallen TX; Odessa TX; San Antonio TX; San Marcos TX; Texarkana TX; Texoma TX; Tyler TX; Victoria TX; Waco TX; Wichita Falls TX; Logan UT; Ogden UT; Provo UT; Salt Lake City UT; St. George UT; Burlington VT; Essex Junction VT; Bennington VT; Charlottesville VA; Chesapeake VA; Danville VA; Fredericksburg VA; Hampton VA; Harrisonburg VA; Lynchburg VA; New River Valley VA; Newport News VA; Norfolk VA; Portsmouth VA; Richmond VA; Roanoke VA; SouthWV VA; Suffolk VA; VA Beach VA; Bellingham WA; Everett WA; Moses Lake WA; Olympia WA; Pullman WA; Seattle WA; Spokane WA; Tacoma WA; Tri-cities WA; Wenatchee WA; Yakima WA; Charleston WV; Huntington WV; Martinsburg WV; Morgantown WV; Parkersburg WV; Southern WV WV; Wheeling WV; Appleton WI; Eau Claire WI; Green Bay WI; Janesville WI; La Crosse WI; Madison WI; Milwaukee WI; Racine WI; Sheboygan WI; Wausau WI; Cheyenne WY; Casper WY; Laramie WY; Gillette WY;