Class Action Lawyers, Mass Tort Lawyers For Dangerous Drugs and Devices
A civil wrong which can be redressed by awarding damages. See, e.g. Smith v. United States, 507 U.S. 197 (1993).
Torts are civil wrongs recognized by law as grounds for a lawsuit. These wrongs result in an injury or harm constituting the basis for a claim by the injured party. While some torts are also crimes punishable with imprisonment, the primary aim of tort law is to provide relief for the damages incurred and deter others from committing the same harms. The injured person may sue for an injunction to prevent the continuation of the tortious conduct or for monetary damages.(See Damages)
Among the types of damages the injured party may recover are: loss of earnings capacity, pain and suffering, and reasonable medical expenses. They include both present and future expected losses.
There are numerous specific torts including trespass, assault, battery, negligence, products liability, and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
Torts fall into three general categories: intentional torts (e.g., intentionally hitting a person); negligent torts (causing an accident by failing to obey traffic rules); and strict liability torts(e.g., liability for making and selling defective products – See Products Liability). Intentional torts are those wrongs which the defendant knew or should have known would occur through their actions or inactions. Negligent torts occur when the defendant’s actions were unreasonably unsafe. Strict liability wrongs do not depend on the degree of carefulness by the defendant, but are established when a particular action causes damage.
Tort law is state law created through judges (common law) and by legislatures (statutory law). Many judges and states utilize the Restatement of Torts (2nd) as an influential guide. The Restatement is a publication prepared by the American Law Institute whose aim is to present an orderly statement of the general law of the United States.
Class Action Lawyers
- Vaginal Mesh and Bladder Sling Attorneys
- Invokana Lawyers
- Power Morcellator
- Bair Hugger Blankets
- Talcum Powder, Johnson’s Baby Powder
- Vena Cava Filters
- Asbestos/ Mesothelioma Lawyers
- Unpaid Overtime Class Actions
- Yaz and Yasmin
- Johnson’s Baby Powder
- GranuFlo- Dialysis Medication
- Risperdal For Unusual Breast Development, Gynecomastia
- Androgel and Testosterone For Heart Injuries
- Stryker Rejuvinate and ABG II Modular Stems
- DePuy Pinnacle and ASR
- Depakote For Birth Defects
- Biomet Hip Replacement
- Wright Hip Replacement
- Knee Replacements
- Mesothelioma For Diagnosed Lung Cancer Claims
- Metronic Infuse Bone Graft Injuries
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery For Gynecology and Prostate Cancer Surgery Injury
- Dow Corning Breast Implant Class Action
- Xarelto (rivaroxaban), one of the newest blood thinners
- Zofran Birth Defect Injuries
- Wright Hip Replacement
- Benicar Gastrointestinal Injury
- Bard IVC Filters- Blood Clot Capture Filters